Tags: agent joan, friends, link spam, me on the interwebs, my fancypants apartment, otherbound, people know i exist
I’m still overwhelmed from all the congratulations I’ve received since Friday. You guys are the best. This is such a major change in my life, and you all made it even better than it already was. Thank you. Deeply.
I plan to return to my regular blogging schedule soon–the ever-so-reliable schedule of ‘don’t post for weeks at a time, rant about social justice stuff, follow that up with random writing advice and Amsterdam musings, sink back into oblivion’–but for now, I wanted to share some Otherbound-related links and show you how my new apartment is progressing. (To those who don’t know: I’m in the middle of a move, and renovating the new apartment completely. It’s exhausting and awesome.)
- The awesome Jeremy and Jeffrey West featured Otherbound on their This Week in YA video! I make an appearance around 5:52. I am on the YOUTUBES. My CAT is on the YOUTUBES. This is awesome.
I don’t normally follow vlogs/YouTube shows, but I may need to make an exception for this one.
- As some of you know, I’m a big fan of www.QueryTracker.net: it’s a lifesaver when you’re querying. If you’re hunting for an agent, I highly suggest signing up. It’s great to find agents and keep track of your records. They also feature interviews of authors who recently signed with agents, and my interview went live this weekend.
- When I first announced the deal on Friday, I linked to Goodreads in several places… and it turned out the link I gave was utterly borked. In case anyone missed it: Otherbound on Goodreads! I have one review already. It makes me feel special. (I can already tell I’m going to be crap at this ‘authors should avoid reviews at all costs’ gig. Oh well.)
- In addition to giving me that very first novel review, Awesome Irish Person, CP Extraordinaire, and Good Friend Helen Corcoran blogged about Otherbound–her thoughts about the book, and her experiences helping me with it. She said nice things. This is me, a pile of mush.
- Lastly, Lovely Agent Joan announced the book deal on the Erin Murphy Literary Agency website and said nice things about the book, as well. This is Corinne the pile of mush, blushing.
I think that about covers it!
Moving on to other things: some of you may remember how much I squeed about buying a new floor last month. Well, this weekend we–that is, my mother, a friend, and my uncle; my task was mostly to provide them with junk food–finally installed said floor.
And it is gorgeous.
Check out this scorchingly lovely pattern: